Where does My Student House have Accommodation?

We currently offer comfortable and convenient accommodation options in:

Atlantis (West Coast College and Eskom Technicon)

Belhar ( UWC and CPUT)

Bellville (UWC, CPUT and Northlink College

Goodwood (Northlink campuses and Student Academy)

Stellenbosch (University of Stellenbosch)

Woodstock (University of Cape Town)


Can I view a room before booking?

Sure you can! To arrange a viewing please contact the management office of your chosen student accommodation.

Do I have to be a student to live at My Student House?

We offer private accommodation for students only. We are not accredited to NSFAS or affiliated to any other University or College. We do offer leases that can be handed in at the NSFAS bursary offices for payments that will be made to the students directly. Students would need to pay us in return, whether you are receiving your bursary annually or monthly, you would need to show us proof of the bursaries you have received and pay us as per our lease with you. NSFAS Bursary students would need to make an arrangement and complete the necessary application form in order for us to keep a place for you at your nominated property.

Private students would need to pay a deposit to us for rental a month in advance to secure their accommodation. The necessary forms need to be completed and the deposit paid in order for their accommodation to be secured.

How do I make a booking?

Complete the initial forms that has been sent to you via email and return them to us completed and signed. Confirm your payment/deposit with us and we will confirm your bookings. Any incomplete or incorrect applications will not be accepted, and you would be contacted via email to reapply if space is still available.

What is the cancellation policy?

If you cancel your contract without taking occupancy in the space provided you will be liable for a 10% administration fee deducted from your full deposit. NSFAS bursary students will pay 50% of their deposit amount if they do not take occupancy or if a lease is not completed and returned with proof of their bursary. Cancellation will only be accepted on completion of a cancellation form.

You will need to complete a lease agreement before you take occupancy and we will arrange this closer to your arrival. Your deposit will be held and used as security against any damages to your accommodation, unpaid rent and charges incurred during the duration of your lease agreement. There is also a R500 fee if any keys are lost and where locks need to be replaced. The deposit will be refunded at the termination of your lease with us minus any costs incurred as indicated or in the case of a breach of obligation under tenancy agreements, within 28 days.

Do I need to take out contents insurance?

Yes you do, we offer basic insurance but it does not include your mobile phones or laptops. Since you will be travelling with these articles we do advise that you have your valuable possessions insured since we do not accept responsibility for this.


Do I need to pay a deposit?

Yes, we ask for a month rent in advance as a deposit. For NSFAS bursary students arrangements can be made.

How do I pay my rent?

You can pay your rent either via EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) or as a cash deposit at an ATM. You could also pay your rent via a stop order that you set up on your bank account.

When do I pay my rent?

Our rent dates and amounts are set out clearly on the website and the application forms. Please note that you rent may be due before the contract begins and that the dates may not coincide with your student loan dates. This should be taken into consideration when planning your accommodation.

What if I don’t pay my rent?

Daily interest may be added to the amount that you owe. And your guardian or parent will be contacted to make arrangements, if an arrangement is not kept, we will commence legal proceedings against any resident who fails to pay when the rent is due.


All rooms are let to the students via leases directly. These agreements outline what is expected of the resident and, in turn, our obligations as a landlord.

The leases are a legally binding document and should be read carefully. Once they are signed for a  fixed term and should the resident wish to move out, we will request at least two months’ notice in advance and you will be liable for your rent whether you stay in the property or not.

How safe are students at My Student House?

We take safety seriously. Many of our properties have a member of staff or security guard on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to ensure help is always on hand. Our properties are also equipped with either a keypad for gate entry or bio-metric system in some instances. We also offer emergency and armed response services to ensure that everyone who lives with us enjoys a high standard of security and the safest possible environment.

What happens if I have a maintenance problem?

My Student House has a dedicated caretaker team to attend to any maintenance issues.

What does fully-furnished kitchen mean?

My Student House aims to provide you with everything you need to live comfortably and not have to worry about anything but studying. Our kitchens are equipped with necessary cooking appliances, like a stove, kettle, toaster and microwave. Some accommodations also offer crockery and cutlery and most of them offer breakfast cereals so you can start your day the right way. Meals are also provided on request at some properties. We also offer a laundry service so make sure your clothing is well marked if you intend to make use of this service, a nominal fee is charged for this.

Do I need to move out during the holidays?

Your lease agreement is for a fixed period so your room is yours for that time frame. We do however request that if you are going home for the holidays that we are advised in advance. We also request the same if you are staying away for a weekend or when you are spending more than one night away from the dormitory. This is mostly for security purposes and is done to give your guardians/parents peace of mind.